Thursday 21 February 2013

Style Icons (Both Old and New)

I would hope that people who know me would describe my style as classic and tailored with a good pinch of fun (sequins, feather, tassels, beading, glitter) and a modern twist. The following people are a collection of people whose style I admire. 


BLAKE LIVELY
All - American Girl
My Summer Inspiration! 
AUDREY HEPBURN
Classic, Clean, Tailored Looks
Audrey style was classic and elegant. 
Clean lines, simple yet bold accessories and a minimalist palette
GRACE KELLY
True Old-School Hollywood Glamour
Anyone who was lucky enough to see the Grace Kelly Exhibit
 at the V and A a couple of years ago will have been
 able to see the beautiful dresses that once belonged
to Princess Grace. 

LEMON BREELAND
(Hart of Dixie)

Polished, Perfect Southern Belle
Ok ok...so she's not actually a real person but I
 could not  post a blog on style icons and NOT
 include her. Possibly my style icon of the moment.
 Her vintage inspired outfits are always feminine and
 classic - with the perfect amount of fun added in! 

OLIVIA PALERMO
Modern Classic
What do I need to say? The perfect mix of timeless, classic
 looks and modern trends (note the beautifully tailored
jacket mixed with the fun, bright blue, textures mini skirt).
 Olivia rarely gets it wrong.  

COCO CHANEL
The proof that true style is ageless

SOPHIA LOREN
The Quintessential Italian Sex Goddess
Always my inspiration when dressing for certain special
occassions!
She always knew that when it came to looking sexy
that leaving a bit to the imagination was the key.

CLEMENCE POSEY
Fun French Style
She often adds quirky touches to her otherwise plain
outfits to make her stand out from the crowd.

LOUISE BOURGOIN
Quirky French Style
Yet another French Woman on my list. Rightly deserved.
Always fun, rarely conventional!

CHLOE SEVIGNY
Style Chameleon
Every outfit she puts together is polished .
She is one of those lucky people who has been blessed
 with true, innate style. Her outfits are often quirky,
but the silhouettes are almost always classic. 

JACKIE O
The Perfect Hamptons Look
The reason I buy silk neck scarfs and big sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment